Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Great British Bake Off

Well I have applied to be in the Great British Bake Off and I know I have about 0.01% (or even less?) chance of getting any where I have an inner excitement about it all. The application process has not been as straight forward with them forgetting to attach the application form, having to answer certain questions via email and fill out three pages of our baking experience and over all skills with pasties, pastries, tarts, pies, cakes and bread. The concept being that “amateur” bakers have the opportunity to bake certain things in different locations, for example a loaf of bread in Sandwich (clever hey?). Then you get chatted to whilst your baking by the panel so they wanted anecdotes and then I think the panel decide who should stay and should go…


Can’t believe I have just admitted to applying for a reality tv show? I am usually so critical of them. But I was thinking well over 25,000 people have watched me make meringues surely I have something to share?


Have been baking as well this week for daughter’s birthday. She recently got a cuddly Panda who she named “Pandora” (genius) and I so I thought I would make a Panda based Victoria sponge, stuffed full of jam and butter cream:



I also wanted to do biscuits to share with her friends at various clubs she attends and so created “rude biscuits” after all, her age group do find the concept of pants, bras and knickers highly amusing.



Rude biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment