Tuesday 4 May 2010

30 miles...finally

Finally hit the 30 mile mark




I think I have been working far too hard on my bike rides…so many people tell me how they did 40, 50 and even 60 miles on a Sunday. I was beginning to think that perhaps I really am quite crap at the whole cycling thing. I had misinterpreted the advice…I heard get into the big gear – you’ll go faster. However, my cadence seemed very "below average" at 60 (reminds me of school reports...Lucy is below average at...) until I did a bit more research and listened to the advice again…this time though I heard “stay in a small gear” and pedal faster! Success, hit 30 miles (although that last few, turning away from home and heading outwards took every bit of inner monologue to motivate myself), cadence raised and speed improved.


I’m on a roll now and with less than a month before the big day feel that the possibility of a 60 mile bike ride is realistic and achievable. I am slightly disappointed I haven’t managed to raise the £300 but there is a fine balance between annoying people for sponsorship and doing something for a good cause and the overall experience.


I am a saddo Garmin geek

No comments:

Post a Comment