Monday 15 March 2010

Mothering Sunday

My beautiful children, bringing breakfast in bed and little presents on Mothering Sunday.  Then free-time for me to crack on with my Sunday (and new training to get ready for the big one in May) bike ride.  Sun shining and crisp air it couldn't have been more perfect.  I managed 23.2 miles on Sunday so feel I am building up the mileage still and laugh a little back to day one when I was chuffed to bits at cycling 6 miles, then 10, then 12, then 17, then 19, now 23!  I plan to do this route for a while but do find I like a change of sceneary and views and large houses to admire.  I included the hill at Goadby...oh my god...

The hill at Goadby is an absolute killer (I decided to cycle on to Glooston and Tur Langton just to avoid coming back up it).  My heart rate went to a whopping 184, I had to stand up all the way and was nearly stationary despite peddling.  It took a fair few minutes to get my breath back and was relieved to see my friend walking her baby so stopped and chatted for 15 minutes and got her to re-fill my water bottle (I was only 8 miles into my ride!).  I love the view the other side of Goadby of the road to Glooston, what you can't see in the photo is the dip in between!


The winding road to Glooston

No comments:

Post a Comment