Monday 15 March 2010

Eeeeeek what have I done?

I thought with all my cycling that I might try a little challenge this year.  I really would like to do the Coast to Coast bike ride, but thought I better start at something shorter and more local.  So this is it, 60 miles to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, in the Vale of Belvoir (note to self must look at how hilly it is).  I've set myself the target of £300 but there is still that thing about asking people for sponsorship that makes me feel a little uncomfortable.  But just in case:


So I have started this weekend in "earnest" with the training and, weather permitting (any excuse!) I plan to go out three times a week on the Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday...and where I can't go out make up for it another day.

What made me panic slightly is that as I drove to present at the ITTE Research Seminar in Cambridge last Thursday, as I hit the 60 mile mark on my milometer I thought "can I really cycle this far?"  I'm sure I will be able to make it, and are humbled by the experiences of Justin who did a mountainous 1062 miles from the South to North of France after having a heart valve fitted less than a year before (read his Blog here)...so will stop panicking and being so silly and just get on with it.

To those of you who have sponsored me, thank you so much and I won't let you down!

No comments:

Post a Comment